This is a super simple and very versatile breakfast bake that can be made using a ton of different combinations. I’ve made this with kale and bacon, all different kinds of shredded cheese varieties, crumbled meat, sausages and different sautéed veggie combos. As long as you follow the ratio of eggs, milk and cheese and make sure your veggies either been allowed to ‘cook out’ any liquid or have been strained of any liquid, the texture will be great.
You will need:
- 5 fully cooked chicken sausages (I used Costco Red Pepper and Spinach sausages which are 130 calories each, so aim for sausages in that range)
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup of low fat milk (I used 1%)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used finely shredded Swiss)
- 1 lb of chopped spinach or kale (I used a 16 ounce bag of frozen spinach this time)
- 12 oz of chopped peppers and onions (I used a frozen bag of peppers and onions)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tsp of any seasoning you like, I used thyme and some all seasoning
Preheat the oven to 375.
Spray a 9″ x 13″ rectangular baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a non-stick skillet, sauté veggies adding garlic after veggies have cooked. Turn heat up at the end of the cooking process, with lid off and let any liquid cook off of veggies, or just drain off liquid in a colander.
Sprinkle 1/3 of shredded cheese evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
Add half of sausages in even layer.
Add another 1/3 of cheese in even layer.
Add remaining sausages in another even layer.
Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until firm and golden brown.
Wait to cool completely before cutting into 8 squares.
Serves 8 |
221 calories, 12g fat, 4g saturated fat, 8g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugar, 22g protein
6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
6 Weights Watchers PointsPlus