Chicken salad is delicious but with recipes a lot of mayo, it isn’t always the healthiest choice. This recipe substitutes the mayo with non-fat greek yogurt and adds some fun flavor with curry powder.
Try this for a light and flavorful twist on an old lunch favorite. Great in a sandwich or on a salad.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups of shredded chicken breast
- 6 tablespoons of non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (adjust depending on whether chicken already contains salt)
- a dash of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of dried cranberries or raisins finely chopped
Place chopped onion and chicken into a food processor and pulse. Mix in yogurt, curry powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and fold in dried cranberries.
Nutrition Info | Makes 4 servings, 1/2 cup each
210 calories, 1.25g fat, 9.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 30g protein
4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving