Who doesn’t love chips and salsa? This is a great twist on an old favorite and combines all the flavors that make a beautiful, colorful and flavorful salsa with sweet mango.
You can substitute the mango with peaches or pineapple for an equally delicious treat. Serve with chips for dipping or on top of chicken or fish for a deliciously fresh and light meal.
- 1 large or two small/medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeds scooped out and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro or 1 teaspoon of dried chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (a bit more if you prefer it salty, just give it a taste and adjust)
- A few pinches of pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons of chilli sauce, like Sriracha (optional for heat)
Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss. Cover and allow to sit in fridge for at least 1 hour for flavors to combine and develop, preferably 2 hours or longer, before serving with chips or over fish or chicken.
Nutrition Information | Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups total, or six 1/4 cup servings:
40 calories, 0g fat, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g protein
1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 1/4 cup serving or
0 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 2 tablespoon serving