My husband was so supportive eating mostly really clean with me while I was doing Whole30 last month that he deserved a treat.
I decided to clean up a recipe of mine for one of his favorites – Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies – and the result was AMAZING!
These moist and decadent cookies are not only gluten, dairy, soy and refined sugar free they are also only 97 calories each!
Another bonus is that they are super easy and quick and you can have clean, delicious, homemade cookies, that kids and adults will devour, from batter to table in under 20 minutes!
- 1 cup of pitted dates (about 24 pitted mejool dates)
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (or butter)
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk of choice (I used unsweetened hemp milk)
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour (or 1/3 cup of flour)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks (Enjoy Life Mega Chunks are a great option for gluten, soy and/or dairy free diets)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a blender, add pitted dates, ghee, vanilla extract and milk and blend very well to a thick, smooth paste (as shown).
Use a spatula to transfer paste to a bowl and add coconut flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and egg. Combine well to create dough. Fold in about half of the chocolate chunks and reserve the rest for pressing directly into the cookies.
Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop rounded spoonfuls of dough and line on baking sheet. Press down with your fingertips to flatten cookies a bit and then press a few reserved chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie.
Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before enjoying.
Nutrition Info per serving | Makes 14 cookies, serving is 1 cookie
97 calories, 3.4g fat, 16.4g carbs, 3.7g fiber, 1.5g protein
2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving