I love making these sweet little squares. A well known healthy baking substitute is the use of beans.
I use cannellini beans in the place of fat. They also contain almost entirely clean ingredients, so they are good for you!
At 126 calories and 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per bar there is zero guilt involved here too!
- 1 15.5 ounce can of white cannellini beans, drain, rinse very well and pat dry
- 1 cup of flour (I use whole grain oat flour)
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of unsweetened dried coconut, divided
- 3 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips, reserve a few to sprinkle on top of batter
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar and sweetener baking blend, like Truvia, (or 1/2 cup of sweetener for a lower sugar version)
- 1/2 cup of milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of oil, melted (I used coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of all fruit raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 350.
In a blender or food processor, combine beans and milk and blend very well to a pudding like texture. In a bowl, lightly beat the egg and add bean mixture, coconut oil, apple sauce and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, 1/4 cup of dried coconut and mix very well before folding in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into square dish that has been coated with nonstick spray.
Place jam in a small plastic sandwich bag and snip a very small corner off with scissors. Drizzle over the top of the batter and swirl with a wooden stick or knife. Sprinkle remaining coconut and scatter a few chocolate chips on top.
Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the sides turn light golden brown.
Allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 squares.
Nutrition Facts | Makes 12 servings
126 cals, 5.2g fat, 17.2 carb, 1.5 fiber, 3.9 protein
3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus each