If you like cinnamon rolls but dislike the high calorie, sugar and fat content in most recipes, you’ll love these little muffins!
Light, fluffy and moist, they combine all of the beautiful flavors of cinnamon rolls into bite sized and waist-friendly treats, complete with a swirl of real cinnamon cream cheese glaze baked right into them.
I love baking them this way because you don’t have to wait long for them to cool in order to ice them and because each bite has a bite of that lovely flavor combination!
Really yummy and great for a weekend morning, breakfast or brunch gathering.
- 1 cup buttermilk pancake and baking mix (I used Trader Joe’s but Bisquick or any type should work just fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of pure pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s 100% canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup of non fat milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of oil (I used canola)
- 3 tablespoons of sweetener and sugar blend (I used Truvia)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of light cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350f.
Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
In a mixing bowl, combine pancake mix, baking powder, pumpkin puree, milk, egg whites, oil, sweetener blend and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon mix to incorporate, but do not overmix.
Fill cupcake liners a bit over half way.
In another mixing bowl, mix ingredients for cinnamon cream cheese glaze swirl: confectioners sugar, cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Using a spoon or spatula mix well until a thin paste forms.
Drop a very small dollop of cinnamon cream cheese glaze swirl mixture at the center of the top of each mini muffin and using a wooden tooth pick or skewer, lightly swirl it into the muffin batter.
Place into the oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, until the edges are light brown and a wooden stick inserted in the middle of one muffin comes out clean.
Allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then remove and cool on wire rack for another 10 minutes or so before enjoying.
Nutrition facts | Makes 24 mini muffins (or 12 standard sized muffins)
42 calories, 1.2g fat, 8g carbs, .5g fiber, 1g protein
1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus for 1 mini muffin
2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus for 2 mini muffins
4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus for 3 mini muffins