I experimented with a Cooking Light drop biscuit recipe and came up with these! Absolutely delicious savory biscuit roll (similar to savory scone for my UK peeps) perfect as a part of breakfast, lunch or as a dinner side with chicken, meatloaf or steak.
Did I mention they are only 93 calories and 2 points each and are the size of a standard buttermilk-type biscuit?
You could make guilt free biscuits and gravy with these too!
- 1 cup plus 3 tbsp flour (I used whole grain oat flour)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped and sautéed with cooking spray
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, cooked and mashed (I nuke mine in the microwave for 5 mins and mashed with fork)
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 tbsp light butter spread (I used Olivio)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A few shakes of pepper
Preheat the oven to 375f degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add butter in small pieces and mix into dry ingredients.
Add sour cream, milk, mashed sweet potato, oil and cheese and mix a few times until incorporated.
Drop eight biscuits onto the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. I used an ice cream scoop to form nice round biscuits. Allow to cool before enjoying!
Nutrition facts | Makes 8 servings, 1 biscuit each
93 calories | 2.8g fat | 13g carbs | 1.8g fiber | 3.3g protein
2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving